High limit roulette is a high stakes game. Yes, you can win spectacular sums of money through it. But the risk of losing spectacular sums of money through it is real too. Indeed, if we are to be honest, knowing how roulette is designed, we’d have to agree that the chances of losing spectacularly in high stakes roulette are much higher than the chances of winning spectacularly. That is because, even with the best of strategies, the house is always certain to have an edge over you. It is through this edge that the house (the casino) is expected to make a profit, and hence remain in business. That aside though and keeping in mind the sums of money involved in high limit casino, you need to be cautious. By way of specific precautions, you need to:
1. Ensure that you are in a reputable online casino: never play high stakes roulette in a casino of dubious reputation. We have seen people play on such dubious casinos, only to end up experiencing difficulties retrieving their winnings, in case they are lucky. Simply put, our experience with such dubious casinos is to the effect that ‘it is always easy to give them money, but extremely difficult to get money from them.’
2. Avoid bet wastage: bet wastage is advised against, wherever and whenever roulette is played. But this piece of advice is often ignored, when the amounts being played for are inconsequential. Bid wastage is, however, a mistake you can’t afford to make in high stakes roulette.
3. Tamper emotions (greed and fear) with prudence: ideally, your moves in high stakes roulette should be informed by your (well thought-out) strategy. At no point should your moves be emotionally motivated. There are times when you find yourself faced with a conflict, between what is obviously a good move, as per your strategy, and what seems to be a good move, as per your emotions. The latter usually manifest through your so-called intuition. But we all know that our intuitions can at times be very wrong. It is best to stick with what is objectively correct, as per the well-tested strategy.
4. Monitor the table consistently: in low stakes roulette, you can afford table-monitoring lapses. In high stakes roulette, one such lapse can cost you a fortune, by either causing you to lose spectacularly, or by denying you a huge win you’d have otherwise gotten.
5. Ensure you are playing with money you can afford to lose: the probability of losing is always there, and it is greater than the probability of winning. Ensure that you are not playing high limit roulette with your retirement savings!
6. Always go for high stakes European roulette: the small difference in winning/losing probabilities between European and American roulette may seem small, but in high stakes roulette, fortunes are made or lost due to such small differences in odds.
7. Be sure of your strategy, and apply it consistently: even the best roulette strategy is useless, if it is not applied consistently. With low stakes roulette, you can afford to experiment. But in high limit roulette, you will be safer if you stick with well tried and proven strategies.